Your strong partner for over 60 years
Gustav Bruns († 1993) founds the company Bruns KG, now known as AMF-Bruns GmbH & Co. KG. The purpose of the business is to manufacture agricultural machinery.
Erich Bruns joins the company at the age of 23. He remains active in the company management until his death († 2014).
The manufacture of agricultural machinery is ceased with the start of production of conveyor systems.
The area of automated lifting technology is established as a second pillar of the company. The manufacture of lift systems and support systems for people with disabilities commences.
To respond to constantly high work volumes in system construction, another branch is established in Friesoythe, located approximately 30 km away.
Capacities are more than doubled during the subsequent years through expansion work and investment in new machinery at Apen and Friesoythe.
The first drawing boards are now redundant with the introduction of computerised technology and 2D software for the design of system construction.
Jürgen Bruns, managing partner and responsible for system construction, joins the company at the age of 31 after several years working abroad.
Gerit Bruns, managing partner and responsible for automated lifting technology, joins the company at the age of 31.
AMF-Bruns develops a system for the complete emptying of silos, unique in the field of system construction.
A total of 4,000 m² of new hall space, featuring a cutting system, open space and paint shop, is put into operation.
The ERP system ‘ProAlpha’ is introduced in the two business segments to support all business processes.
Together with over 600 customers and suppliers, and all employees and their families, the 50th anniversary of AMF-Bruns is celebrated with two events.
Green light for the introduction of lean management at AMF-Bruns in collaboration with Porsche Consulting.
Another update is made to the company standard, with the introduction of the 3D software ‘SolidWorks’ for design.
‘Gustav Bruns Maschinenbau und Förderanlagen GmbH & Co. KG’ is rebranded to ‘AMF-Bruns GmbH & Co. KG’.
- Jan Woltermann, having held various roles in the company since 2002, is appointed as an additional managing director of AMF-Bruns.
- The development of a product configuration tool for system construction whips up a storm on the market.
Extensive optimisation measures are completed:
- Shaft department is restructured and renovated (2012)
- Metal cutting is centralised (2013)
- Acquisition of a new laser cutting system and tandem canting machine (2012)
- Structural work and final assembly are centralised through hall extension
- New paint shop and picking line is put into operation
A certified energy management system based on DIN EN ISO 50001 and a company health management system are introduced.
- New development department and development of the new TSF ‘Next Level!’
- Re-auditing of career and family
- New development department
- CrefoZert valid until August 2017
- New office in Poland
Strategy adaptation based on the motto ‘Industrial Solutions – Made in Apen’
- Increased acquisition of production-intensive accessories and subsequent expansion of core skills in production
- Expansion of engineering capacities
- Continuous standardisation and automation in technical office
- Optimisation of order processing
- Strengthening of operational project management
- AMF-Bruns installs its own photovoltaic system
- Opening of a further global AMF-Bruns location in Voronezh, Russia
- New company representative office in the Ukraine
- Purchase of new electric forklifts and electric pallet trucks
- AMF-Bruns is strengthening its presence in Latin America with a local partner
- Renewed certification as a family-friendly employer
- Re-certification as Demographiefest. Company based on social partnership
- Purchase of a new laser system
- Installation of e-charging points for employees and visitors
- Expansion of the Wood Business Unit to include the After Sales Section
- Establishment of the AMF-Bruns Foundation
AMF-Bruns: ‘Industrial Solutions – Made in Apen’